Monday, July 30, 2012

Wax Resist Card

This is perfect if you want to make something cool yet be able to do it  in 5 minutes... This is also great for the young ones to do as a card for grandma or maybe just for a craft. There is soo much you can do with this and can take it up to so  many levels. I am no artist. I cannot draw to save my life. This is why I craft and do pottery....

Moving on:

You will need:
-A white crayon
-Paper (preferably watercolor paper)
-Watercolor paint
-Brushes

Step 1) Cut (or rip) your paper to the desired size. Also consider available envelopes so send off letters as you cut the paper.

Step2) Begin drawing with the white crayon. You may need to look at the paper from different angles in order to actually see what you are drawing. (Ignore the swimsuit, we made this by the pool)

Step 3) Pick out your colors and paint away!

Step 4) Let it dry. Now if the paper was too thin, you may not write on the other side, just take another paper and cut it to the right size. Then use a glue stick to attach it!

Step 5) Write your heart out to Grandma!


My little buddy Nikki made this one!

Here is a couple others I made to get you inspired...




Now for some craft talk!  Craft wars... what do you think about that one? I think its interesting and my friend wants us to go on it, however the judges are waaayyy to harsh for the amount of time the contestants are given.  I would not stand up well under that kind of pressure! Other than that I think as a crafting community, we should support it as much as we can!


No comments:

Post a Comment